Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fredericksburg

This Sunday I went to Fredericksburg for a quintet concert there in the Methodist Church. It turned out to be a fantastic audience. They were very engaged. There is nothing worse than trying to entertain people who don't want to be entertained. Just before the concert started, I made a bet with one of the other members of the group. We would set a number and pick higher or lower for the number of people who would show up. I lost. Actually that's a really good thing. There were probably 200 people in attendance.

I was thinking that a lot of people probably don't know what it's like to be up in front of 200 people doing anything. So I decided to take a picture and post it on my blog. Put yourself in the mindset and here we go...


Nervous? That's okay, just imagine these people in their underwear. Scary thought ain't it? I'd rather be nervous.



On the way to and from the concert a buddy and I stopped at the Czech Bakery in West, Texas. They've got the best baked goods around. Just north of Waco on I35. It's right on the highway so you can't miss it.



Despite their wardrobe...they have some of the best Kolaches you can find. I actually bought several to give to my Mom and my Sis. But...I forgot to give them to Mom when she came over last night. Guess I'll have to eat theirs before they go bad.

We also stopped at a place called Mamacita's to eat dinner after the concert there in Fredericksburg.

They've got some pretty good vittles there. They also have some pretty scary neon/aqua/blue-green salsa there as well. It tasted okay and I'm not glowing yet, so I guess it was okay. The pic below doesn't do justice to the color that it really was.




All in all it was a fun day. I'd do it again.

Dominus Vobiscum,

-OD

No comments: