Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Where ya been?

Well I've been kind of busy. Last Monday I went to pick up a slightly used but FREE to me 50" Sony TV from my father-in-law. (It's cool to have someone in the family work for a super cool, high-end audio/video place.) We decided that if we were going to have a big screen tv that we need to have a place to put it. Wednesday was our 9th anniversary and I went out to buy a new entertainment center to put the TV as an anniversary gift to each of us. Then we decided that if we were going to have cool stuff like this we also needed to update our livingroom, so I went to work....

Here's what the old room looked like with people in it (from Oda Mae's birthday party)



Here we are working on the emptied room...


Here's the new room...

and the new TV and Entertainment Center...

Why did we really do all of this?

We wanted to play Yars Revenge on a big screen!

Tonight we realized every 80's kids dream. Atari on a 50" screen!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!


Yep, we have the extension cords for the Atari 2600 joysticks! We can sit comfortably on the couch and live it up. The 2600 has never been so big. Besides Yars Revenge, we have Video Pinball (I kicked butt tonight at this game), Super Breakout, Pac-Man, Circus Atari, Frogger, Space Invaders, and Asteroids among others.

Yes, we know you are all jealous. Don't worry you can come over anytime and play.

Dominus Vobiscum,

-OD

1 comment:

Mike said...

Shweeeet!

You are the Atari stud!

Let them know if they need to ditch any more TVs, my living room is available!