Thursday, March 8, 2007

Ladies and Gentlemen...

The Beatles!!!!!

Made an extra trip to Abilene this week to play with The "Classical" Mystery Tour. If you ever get the chance to go see these guys, they put on a pretty good show. It also makes you think about what the Beatles did for rock and roll. I listen to their recordings and it's amazing how many GREAT songs came from that group. Make sure you and your kids know about the Beatles!!!!!!!! They are an important part of music history!


Here we are clapping...
Here I am about to play the piccolo trumpet solo from Penny Lane. Coolness! I'd just about rather play this than Mahler 5 or Pictures any day. But, that's just me.

One little thing. While I was playing duets after the rehearsal with my buddy Tim, Oda Momma called me on the phone. She had put Oda Mae down for her nap in her crib this afternoon. When she heard her wake up a couple hours later, she went in to get her and found her lying on the sofa we have in her room. Hmmmm, I guess I knew it would happen eventually. I just thought Oda Mae might tell us she had taken up climbing out of her bed or something. Guess we're going shopping for a big girl bed this weekend.

Dominus Vobiscum,

-OD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pic of the Penny Lane music.

That's why you make the big bucks - playing an important picc trpt part in F# while wearing a tux. Lesser men would falter.

:-)