Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Trying to get going again...

As some of you may have noticed, I'm trying to get caught up on the Area 365 photos. If you want to look at them all without scrolling through the blog, don't forget you can click on the Flickr page over there to the left. You can also read my comments on each photo.

Before we go any further, I have to admit that I thought all of the really stupid people in the world had gone away...

See the little girl in the back seat of the pick-up behind me? These two ladies were just driving along behind me when I noticed the little girl. She was not in any kind of car seat or seat belt. I know this because she was constantly jumping up and down and going from one side of the truck to the other. Now, maybe it was a friends truck and they didn't have a car seat with them. Okay. Seat belts?!!!! How bout one of those stupid ladies sit in the back seat with the kid and make sure she doesn't fly out the window in case of a wreck? I'm all for a rule that says that some people should not be allowed to have children.

Okay, I'm done.

Did I mention that Oda Mae is now fully potty trained? Woo Hoo!!!!!! She's been doing very well for at least 2 or 3 weeks now. She had an accident last weekend, but she was too shy around some new people to tell anyone she needed to go. We haven't had a bed wetting at all and she is really good at telling us when she needs to go. Now if she'll learn to hold it over night. She comes in once or twice a night while banging our bedroom door against the wall (very loudly) and whispers, "Daden, I need to go tee tee..." Thanks Oda Mae for being so polite and not shouting.

More next time.

DV,

-OD

3 comments:

The Father of Five said...

Wow... I wish I could tell you that children not in a car-seat or seat belt was uncommon.

Unfortunalty I get 911 calls like that more often than I care to think about.

Sad isnt it?

Anonymous said...

This will be hard to believe, but one time I asked the people next to me (in a Lexus) to roll down their window (we were at a red light) Asked them if they needed assistance in buying a car seat. That I would be happy to meet them at the Target up ahead and buy one for their little girl They reacted as if I was charging them with child abuse. Hmmmm, I was.

Mike said...

Woooooo Hooooooooooo for Oda Mae. The Princess is still wearing diapers at night, but the rest of the day is cake.

Besides that, she takes her own diaper off in the morning and throws it in the can for me!