Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Six

Today I woke up early and flew to Cincinnati, OH, and boy are my arms tired!

25 years ago today I married my best friend. There was no way in heck I was going to be separated for this one. I actually had this trip planned for a few weeks. I didn't tell BT I was coming, and it was going to be a big surprise. Yesterday I took the dogs to camp for a couple of days. It looks like they're having a good time.

This morning I got up early, headed to the airport and got on the plane to Cincy. I arrived at in Ohio just in time for lunch. I made my way to the passenger pick up area and  rented a Lyft to the stage door of music hall.


After going inside, I convinced security to let me in so I could surprise BT. I got her on the phone and realized  she was working from home this morning and hadn't gone into the office yet. (Okay, slight change of plans, but the surprise was still going to work.)

I headed through Washington Park to see if I could catch her. Unfortunately, I managed to get all the way to her apartment, and she still hadn't left yet. After a while, she left the apartment and I was able to keep her on the phone while I started walking to work with her. 

Eventually, I told her to look at the cute dog on her left, she got suspicious. :) That's when she finally turned around to the sound of my voice. BT was confused and happy all at the same time.

We ended up going to lunch and dinner tonight and were able to celebrate together, in the same state.


Tomorrow I'll head back to TX for a few more days then it’s moving day. This will be an anniversary to remember!

DV,

JT

No comments: