Saturday, July 22, 2023

Two

 With two days to go, I'm finishing up all of the last details. I didn't say "little" details, just details. I've found that even after packing for several weeks, there is still random stuff everywhere. For example, the laundry room. That's where you keep all the detergent, fabric softeners, stain removers, appolstry  cleaners for when the dog yaks something up on the carpet. You know, stuff like that. You can't pack all of that up until you've done your last load of laundry. Yep, that's what I did today. My last load. Then I sold the washer and dryer. 30 minutes, that's all it took. anybody want a fridge?

I had lunch with a nephew today. We enjoyed seeing each other and just talking about life in general. I'd recommend having lunch with the people you love more often. It's a good thing

Movers: They're somewhat ambiguous about when they're going to pick up my stuff. I didn't get a call from the dispatcher today, so I'm assuming that they'll be here on Monday (not tomorrow). However, as of about 11:00 today I was still on the schedule for tomorrow. Guess we'll see if it's going to be a big surprise. I'll be ready either way.

Tomorrow I'll prepare for the long drive. Get the cooler ready, clean the truck and load up whatever I can load before Monday. This'll be the last post composed on the desktop computer. It's getting packed. So here we are, coming up on 1 day before the big move. It's like a freight train headed my way. The light is shining at my front door and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

I have a feeling that the next 36 hours or so will be very bittersweet. I'm not looking forward to it, but I am.

DV,

JT

No comments: